AppleInsider is supported by its audience and may earn commission as an Amazon Associate and affiliate partner on qualifying purchases. These affiliate partnerships do not influence our editorial content.
Several Apple TV+ original shows and films have been honored with nominations in the Visual Effects Society 20th Annual VES Awards, including “Foundation” and “Finch.”
The Visual Effects Society on Tuesday announced the full list of nominees for its 20th annual awards ceremony. The awards recognize visual effects artistry and innovations across 25 categories in various genres in film, TV, animation, commercials, and video games.
Apple TV+ racked up a handful of nominations. “Foundation,” for example, nabbed three nominations for outstanding visual effects and created environments.
A full list of the nominations given to Apple TV+ content can be seen below.
- “Foundation” episode “The Emperor’s Peace” – Outstanding Visual Effects in a Photoreal Episode
- “Foundation” for Trantor Cityscape – Outstanding Created Environment in an Episode, Commercial, or Real-Time Project
- “Foundation” for collapse of the Galactic Empire – Outstanding Effects Simulations in an Episode, Commercial, or Real-Time Project
- “Finch” – Outstanding Animated Character in a Photoreal Feature
- “Lisey’s Story” episode “The Long Boy” – Outstanding Animated Character in an Episode or Real-Time Project
- “The Tragedy of Macbeth” – Outstanding Supporting Visual Effects in a Photoreal Feature
- “See” episode “Rock-A-Bye” – Outstanding Supporting Visual Effects in a Photoreal Episode
The 20th Annual VES Awards are slated to take place on March 8, 2022.