A cracked display on your smartphone can be incredibly annoying. The phone likely still works fine, but the crack can make usage difficult — or even dangerous. But repair costs are usually close to the phone’s value itself, so most people simply skip getting a repair.
See also: Android phones should have a private ‘repair mode’
Well, if you have a cracked Samsung phone, there’s a promotional offer that you won’t want to pass up. Until March 28, 2022, Samsung will repair a Galaxy S or Galaxy Note screen for just $100. That is a significantly lower price than you’ll get from pretty much anywhere.
To be eligible for this offer, you need to live in the United States (sorry, overseas friends). You’ll also need to own a Galaxy S9 or a newer phone within the Galaxy S series (the only exceptions are the Galaxy S21 FE and Galaxy S20 FE). The promo also applies to Galaxy Note 9 or newer Galaxy Note phones. It does not apply to any other Galaxy series, meaning no Galaxy A or Galaxy Z phones.
How to fix your cracked Samsung phone for $100
Follow the steps below to get your $100 screen repair. Remember that this only works until March 28, 2022. Afterward, you’ll need to pay the standard screen repair rate:
- Head to Samsung’s repair portal.
- Click “Start Repair Service” and select “Phones.”
- Choose whether you’re fixing a Galaxy S or Galaxy Note phone. Remember, these are the only lines applicable to the $100 promo.
- Choose your phone’s model and then choose “Mail In” service. You cannot use the drop-off service.
- Log in or create a Samsung account.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to initiate your repair. Assuming you meet the eligibility requirements, your repair should cost $100.
Obviously, you will need to mail in your phone. This will necessitate you to use a secondary phone until it comes back to you. But hey, $100 for a phone that looks brand new? Not a bad trade-off!