Welcome to the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2 update hub. Here you’ll find the latest information on updates to Samsung’s flagship foldable phone. We’ll detail the current software versions for the device and alert you if there’s a new update rolling out. Samsung usually pushes out One UI updates regularly, but availability may be affected by variant, carrier, and region.
- Current stable version: Android 12
- When will the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2 get Android 13? March 2023 (Estimated)
Latest Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2 updates
May 16, 2022: Samsung has officially started rolling out firmware version F916U1UES2GVD2 to the Galaxy Z Fold 2 (via SamMobile). Within this update, you’ll find the May 2022 security patch. Unfortunately, you won’t find much else included in the update.
To check if an update is available, head to Settings > Software updates on your device.
Previous Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2 updates
- April 12, 2022: According to SamMobile, Galaxy S Fold 2 owners should expect the April 2022 Android security patch to land soon. This new update fixes over 88 vulnerabilities.
- March 22, 2022: The Galaxy Z Fold 2 has now received the March 2022 Android security patch. Along with it comes One UI 4.1, which first debuted on the Galaxy S22 series.
- February 18, 2022: According to SamMobile, the Galaxy Z Fold 2 is now receiving the February 2022 Android security patch. The new software comes with firmware version F916U1UEU2FVAB.
- January 21, 2022: Samsung is rolling out the January 2022 security patch the Galaxy Z Fold 2. Aside from the patch, only bug fixes are included.
- December 28, 2021: Samsung has officially started rolling out One UI 4 to the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2. So far, we’ve only seen the update in Europe (via SamMobile), but it should make its way to other countries soon enough. The software version is F916BXXS2FULE, and it includes the December 2021 security patch. To learn more about what to expect with Android 12 and One UI 4, check out our hands-on here.
- October 21, 2021: Three weeks after South Korean users gained access to the October security update, users in the US can now grab the patch on unlocked models. Notably, carrier-locked models started receiving the update earlier this week. According to SamMobile, the update brings firmware version F916U1UES2EUI3 which includes a laundry list of Samsung patches, as well as Google’s October security fixes.
- October 1, 2021: South Korean users gained firmware version F916NKSU1DUI4 which also included the October 2021 Android security patch.
- September 24, 2021: The September patch rolled out alongside firmware F916BXXS2EUI for global Galaxy Z Fold 2 models.
If you’ve spotted an update that we haven’t, tip us! Looking for another update? Be sure to visit our Android 11 update tracker.