Welcome to the Samsung Galaxy S20 FE update hub. Here you’ll find the latest information on updates to Samsung’s budget flagship. We’ll detail the current software versions for the device and alert you if there’s a new update rolling out. Samsung usually pushes out One UI updates regularly, but availability may be affected by variant, carrier, and region.
- Current stable version: Android 12
- When will the Samsung Galaxy S20 FE get Android 13? December 2022 (Estimated)
Latest Samsung Galaxy S20 FE updates
January 19, 2021: Samsung is rolling out a new update to the Samsung Galaxy S20 FE 5G variant. According to SamMobile, many European nations are receiving firmware version G781BXXS4DVA2, including the January 2022 security patch.
If you’re not in Europe, you can expect your region to gain the update shortly. It’s unclear when other variants of the S20 FE will gain their respective updates, but it shouldn’t be a long wait, either. To check if an update is available, head to Settings > Software updates on your device.
Previous Samsung Galaxy S20 FE updates
- December 28, 2021: Samsung began the surprisingly early rollout of Android 12-based One UI 4 to its affordable flagship.
- December 23, 2021: Samsung pushed the December 2021 security update to Galaxy S20 FE devices, starting in Spain. According to SamMobile, the update brought firmware version G781BXXS4CUL3 and included patches for more than 40 vulnerabilities, seven of which were marked as critical. The update was a little short on new features, though.
- October 4, 2021: Samsung rolled out the October 2021 security patch with firmware G781BXXS4CUI1.
- August 30, 2021: The September patch rolled out early to users with 4G and 5G models in Europe and South America. It brought further improvements to the phone’s touch display responsiveness.
- July 30, 2021: Samsung rolled out the G780FXXU4CUG5 update to the Galaxy S20 FE, bringing the July 2021 Android security patch with it. The update was 330MB in size and was first spotted on the Exynos LTE version of the device, per SamMobile.
- July 8, 2021: Firmware version G780FXXU4CUG1 arrived (h/t SamMobile) with several security patches in tow.
- April 12, 2021: Firmware version G781BXXU2CUD1 rolled out to the Samsung Galaxy S20 FE 5G. According to SamMobile, the update included no notable change bar the April 2021 Android security patch.
- March 24, 2021: A host of camera updates arrived with firmware G781BXXU2CUC6, including new portrait mode effects and the ability to use the ultrawide camera in Pro mode.
- February 19, 2021: One UI 3.1 rolled out to devices after Samsung pulled the initial update. The patch included firmware version G781BXXU2CUB5 and came in at a weighty 1.7GB.
- December 25, 2020: One UI 3.0 arrived with firmware version G780FXXU1BTL1 and G781BXXU1BTL4 for the 4G and 5G models, respectively. This came after reports that devices in Russia received the update a week prior.
If you’ve spotted an update that we haven’t, tip us! Are you looking for another update? Be sure to visit our Android 12 update tracker.