AppleInsider is supported by its audience and may earn commission as an Amazon Associate and affiliate partner on qualifying purchases. These affiliate partnerships do not influence our editorial content.
Having received a record number of nominations at the Hollywood Critics Association TV Awards, Apple TV+ took home seven wins, including Best Drama and Best Comedy.
Apple TV+ earned a record 53 nominations in the awards, and was presented with 7 wins at the ceremony at the Beverly Hilton in Los Angeles on Sunday, August 4.
“Apple TV+ today was recognized as the most-winning streaming service by the Hollywood Critics Association Streaming TV Awards,” announced Apple, “scoring seven wins including Best Drama ‘Severance’ and Best Comedy ‘Ted Lasso.'”
- Best Streaming Series, Drama: Severance
- Best Actress in a Streaming Series, Drama: Britt Lower for Severance
- Best Supporting Actor in a Streaming Series, Drama: John Turturro for Severance
- Best Writing in a Streaming Series, Drama: Dan Erikson for Severance: The Way We Are
- Best Directing in a Streaming Series, Drama: Ben Stiller for Severance: The Way We Are
- Best Streaming Series, Comedy: Ted Lasso
- Best Supporting Actor in a Streaming Series, Comedy: Brett Goldstein for Ted Lasso
The best comedy award for “Ted Lasso” makes it what Apple describes as “the only back-to-back HCA TV Award win across all platforms.” It was also a second consecutive win for Goldstein.
Founded in 2016, the Hollywood Critics Association was “created to acknowledge the importance of online critics and encourage, support, and promote underrepresented voices within the industry,” according to the HCA website.